MMAC would not be able to function without its volunteers. Volunteering with the Boosters is an important and rewarding experience. Many friendships are formed among the people who volunteer for the Middie Music Boosters organization. Being a part of your students’ musical activities allows parents, family, and friends to be involved in an important part of their lives.
Please review the MMAC Volunteer and Chaperone Guidelines document. The following are a few ways that you can support MMAC by volunteering your time.
- Chaperone Committee — chaperone events, away games, and contests
- Concessions Committee — at home football & basketball games, events, dances, spring musical
- Fundraising Committee — oversees individual fundraisers and concert fundraisers
- Hospitality Committee — providing meals and snacks for students during scheduled events
- Pit Crew / Props Committee — band equipment specialists, building and moving show props
- Transportation Committee — hauling music trailers to and from events
- Uniform Committee — uniform and costume maintenance and fittings
- Media Committee — photography, videography, social media, and web design / maintenance
- MMAC Trustees and Officers — voting members of the Boosters and executive committee
- Membership Committee / Volunteer Coordinator — act as liaison between directors and volunteers
- Special Events Committees — plan and run stand-alone events, including our Annual Craft Show, Trunk or Treat, Parents’ Preview Nights, and the Music Department Open House
Benefits of Volunteering
- Establishing a sense of community for parents and students.
- Meeting and interacting with and support student musicians at games, competitions, and events.
- Learning new skills and building career experience.
- Providing a sense of accomplishment.
- Increasing self confidence and combating depression.
- Having fun and friendship with other music parents.